Warren County Courthouse
Job Title: Chief Assessor
Starting Wage: Commensurate with Experience
Status: Full Time with benefits
Responsibilities: To manage assessment activities, policies, and office staff which ensure the integrity of assessments and uniformity in valuation methods
Qualifications: Any person appointed as Chief Assessor under Title 53 8831 (b) shall be a certified Pennsylvania Evaluator pursuant to the Act of April 16, 1992 known as the Assessors Certification Act.
- Strong capabilities in math, algebra, geometry, computer operation and software applications.
- Real estate background preferred. Knowledge of construction methods is desirable.
- The successful applicant must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in real estate including appraisal of property in accordance with accepted assessment methods. Must possess an overall knowledge of state and county laws, regulations and policies governing real property appraisal.
- Ability to read maps and ensure their accuracy
- Possess a valid PA driver’s license
- Must be able to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- The ability to work in inclement weather conditions and over difficult terrains.
Interested persons may submit an application or resume to Kim Exley, HR Administrator, Warren County Courthouse, 204 Fourth Ave., Warren, PA 16365
Warren County is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applications for
Employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or
Veteran status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any
other legally protected status.