Forest Warren Human Services
Location: Forest Warren Human Services, Mental Health Program, 285 Hospital Drive, Warren, PA 16365
Full-time – 37-1/2 hours per week – Benefits
Caseworker 1 – Grade 14 – $31,762.00
- A bachelor’s degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences
- OR two years experience as a Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college-level coursework
- Which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences
- OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions
*Position requires applicant to pass Criminal History, Childline, and FBI clearances at time of hire.
If promotion is the method to fill this position, the following selection criteria will be used:
- Employees who currently have or have had regular status as a Social Services Aide 3 will be considered.
- Applications will be received and reviewed to determine if employees previously held regular status or currently hold regular status in a class for which there is a logical occupational, functional, or career development relationship to the posted position or if there is a clear linkage between the required knowledges, skills, and abilities of the previously or currently held class with those needed for the posted position.
- Must meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
- Promotions will be based on the following:
a) Meritorious Service: To be eligible to apply for promotional opportunities, employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, not be the subject of any disciplinary or grievance issues above the level of a written reprimand within the 12 months preceding the closing date of the posting, or not have an overall rating on their most current performance review of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory.
b) Seniority: A minimum of one year in the next lower class(es) by the closing date of this posting.
How to Apply:
Persons interested in applying for transfer, reassignment, promotion, reinstatement, or demotion must submit a completed an application detailing work experience.
Applicants must submit resume, copy of transcripts, and letter of intent by 4:30 p.m. on 10/9/2020 to:
Forest Warren Human Services
285 Hospital Drive
Warren, PA 16365
FWHS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applications for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.