To adhere to the 250-maximum number of people allowed at an outdoor event, prioritizing our community’s health and well-being, without causing additional risk of expose to the coronavirus, a VIRTUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE will be offered to our local businesses and community citizens this year!
A “shoe-box parade” is designed to recreate the feel of an actual parade…just downsized!
Miniature floats are made from materials that are attached to a standard size shoebox. These “floats” will then be strung together, via string, and pulled in front of a camera, down a make-believe “road”, while being announced by a few special guests. A pre-recorded filming of the parade will be shown on the night of Warren’s annual Christmas walk, as well as on the Chamber’s Facebook page.
1. Float entries are for local businesses or non-profit organization ONLY, no individuals or families may enter a float.
2. Shoeboxes may not have wheels.
3. Can NOT exceed five pounds in weight.
4. All shoeboxes should easily represent that specific business or organization.
5. All entries MUST be received NO LATER than Friday, November 27th, 2020.
6. Completed entry forms and floats can be dropped off to our office at 308 Market Street, Warren, PA 16365 or pickup may be arranged by calling 814-723-3050.
7. Floats will be on display, in downtown Warren storefront window locations, for the month of December, after the parade, unless the participating organization would like their shoebox back.
8. Businesses/organization will be competing for the “People’s Choice Award” for best float!
**Voting will be held by the public, via the Warren County Chamber’s Facebook page. **
The float that receives the most likes will be awarded a special prize.
ALSO, on behalf of the winning float, WCCBI will be donating $200 to Toys for Tots.
For questions, comments or concerns regarding the Shoe Box Parade, please contact a WCCBI staff member at 814-723-3050, Monday – Friday from 8 AM until 5 PM.
Businesses wishing to enter the parade will need to fill out an entry form. Please email: email@example.com for any questions or to submit your completed form to. Forms may be mailed to the office at 308 Market Street, Warren PA 16365