Date(s) - 08/11/2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Family Services of Warren County, Inc., is hosting our first Sidewalk Chalk Competition on Saturday, August 11, 2018 from 9am to 12pm on Liberty Street in Downtown Warren! We received approval from the city to use Liberty and 2nd Street. The contest is open to individuals, families, children, and artists ages 14 and over. Registered artists will pay $10 for a sidewalk square and each event category will be judged and winner will receive a prize! Proceeds go to Family Services Fundraising Campaign.
Family Services of Warren County, Inc. is a trauma informed nonprofit behavioral health company that provides mental health and substance abuse services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families in Warren County and the surrounding areas. Family Services has been providing services in the Warren Community since 1889!! We accept most major insurances and we are able to offer a sliding fee discount program for individuals and families who are uninsured and or underinsured and even free care in certain cases.
Sidewalk Chalk Competition
The contest is open to individuals, families and artist groups ages 14 and over. As a registered artist or group of 2-3, you will be given a square of sidewalk in downtown Warren to work with. Squares will be assigned upon check in on the morning of the event. There will also be a children’s section (13 and under). The children’s section will not be judged but we still need them to preregister.
Event Categories and Prizes: Prizes generously donated from our local Warren businesses!
One prize will be awarded in each of the following categories
Overall Best Award
Family Friendly Award
People’s Choice Award– All age groups included
Registration per sidewalk section is $10.
You will receive the assigned sidewalk section and be provided chalk at that time. (Use registration table)
7:30am-9am: Artists, families and art groups check in at the registration table.
9:00am-11:00am: Artists and art groups will be creating their masterpieces. Individuals are welcome to come view them at work.
11:00am-11:30am: View the artwork and cast your people’s choice vote.
11:30am-12pm: Awards Ceremony
*** Live Music will be provided during the competition
50/50 and Food will be available.
Artists: Should bring their own
Chalk Design Knee pads Plastic Tarp (in case of rain shower)
- Only non-oil based washable chalk may be in your design. No acrylic paints, liquid pastels, oil-based pastels, hard pastels, etc. will be allowed.
- Designs must not exceed beyond their designated square. Approximate size of square will be 4’x4’. Your design is not a square it must fit inside the 4’x4’ square.
- Artist(s) may sign their work using chalk.
- All artwork must be appropriate for public viewing by all ages; No lewd, graphic violence, gore, nudity.
- No political messages, words or symbols indented as advertising may appear in the image or space provided.
- Digital photos will be taken. Family Services of Warren Inc. reserves the right to use photographs for marketing, promotion and publicity purposes.
- Organizers have the right to disqualify and/or remove any inappropriate art or writing as they deem necessary.
- Spaces will be assigned on first come first served basis.
- Official Judging based on a 1-5 scale on first impression, creativity, originality, skill and use of color. Decision of the judges are final.
- Organizers are not responsible for damage or defacing of artwork.